- This event has passed.
November 6, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - November 8, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Calling alllllll Webelos!!!! You are invited join us for a very exciting Webelos Woods 2020!
Webelos Woods is a program designed to give first and second year Webelos and their adult partners a preview of the Scouts BSA experience by giving them an introduction to a “youth led” program versus an “adult led” program used in Cub Scouting.
This weekend is an action packed chance to interact with the Scouts BSA Troops of the Suwannee River Area Council to learn more about the exciting adventures that await once you cross over to the Scouts BSA program. The fun begins with check in at Wallwood to get a first hand taste of living the Patrol method lead by Scouts and Troop leaders for Webelos and their adult partner.
There will be two sessions of programming and each will be full of learning, demonstrations, and fun. In years when COVID hasn’t been an issue, Troop presentations have been a major portion of the program – and while COVID precautions have changed how those presentations will occur, there will still be exciting opportunities to learn so much about all of the Troops in our entire council.
Each session will conclude with an Awards Ceremony and a Scouts Own Service. All activities will be hosted by our own SRAC Troops, and everyone who registers will receive an event patch.
As a result of this program, participants should come away with:
- An understanding of the Scouts BSA program, the skills required, and the fun that is possible.
- An appreciation of a Scouts BSA Troop, how it is run, & how it differs from a Cub Scout Pack.
- An increased desire to continue Scouting as a Scouts BSA in a Troop.
- A “feel” for the various Troops in our council, and an idea of which one they may want to join.
- A closer relationship between parent and scout after a day spent outdoors.
- November 6, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
- November 8, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
- Suwannee River Area Council
- Wallwood Scout Reservation
23 Wallwood Bsa Dr
Quincy, FL 32351 United States + Google Map